User-Managed Incomplete Recovery
- V$RECOVERY_LOG view provides a list of all the archived redo log files that are necessary for recovery.
- V$LOG_HISTORY view provides information about the log files from the control file.
- V$ARCHIVE_LOG view provides information about all the archived log files from the control file.
- V$RECOVERY_FILE view identifies the datafiles that need recovery, and also points to the starting System Change Number for recovery.
RMAN Incomplete Recovery
- RMAN does not use files marked as ‘unavailable’ for restoration and recovery.
- The VALIDATE command enables you to choose any backup set for examination in order to verify that it can be restored.