- The RELOAD command shuts down everything except listener address and reloads the listener.ora file, thus providing a mechanism to add or edit services without stopping the listener.
- The SET command of the listener control utility (LSNRCTL) makes change to the existing values of the listener parameters. The SAVE_CONFIG_ON_STOP command makes these changes permanent before the listener exits, provides that the related parameter is ON.
- LOG_STATUS defines whether logging of the listener is turned on or off. SET LOG_FILE is used to defined the file that will contain logging information for the listener. By default, the name of the listener log file is LISTENER.LOG.
- In the SERVICES command of the listener control utility, the services handlers current parameter specifies the number of client connections being handled by the listener at any given time.
- The QUEUESIZE param in a listener configuration specifies the number of expected concurrent connection requests, and is configured in the event of handling large volumes of concurrent connection requests.
- Connect-time failover auto forwards a client request to another instance. (Only in dynamic service registration)
- A listener of any previous version cannot be used with an Oracle 9i db
Oracle 9i Database -- DBA Fundamentals II (3)
Basic Net Server-Side Configuration